LibreOffice is a powerful and versatile open-source office suite that comes with several applications, such as Writer, Calc, and Impress, which are equivalent to Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, respectively.
If you’re a student or professional searching for a free, feature-rich alternative to Microsoft Office that also supports reading and writing Microsoft’s native .doc and .docx file formats, LibreOffice then may be the ideal choice for you.
Personally, I’ve been using it daily to write my blog content – even this post was written, edited, and formatted in LibreOffice Writer. And after using it for years, I never felt like I am missing anything that couldn’t be done without MS Office.
While some advanced features (like, real-time collaborative work, cloud sync and support for premium extensions) might not be available, they are not something that most users like you and me need for everyday use, and even for professional needs. Here, I’ve written an entire breakdown comparison of the capabilities of LibreOffice and MS Office 360.
So, to assist you in getting started, I have compiled a series of step-by-step tutorials covering the basic fundamentals of LibreOffice to more advanced features like using Mail-merge and Master Documents.
However, on this page, you will find only tutorials that cover more general features of LibreOffice, such as accessing and configuring software-wide settings.
Introduction to LibreOffice
Downloading and Installing LibreOffice
Understanding the LibreOffice Interface
- An overview of the LibreOffice interface.
- Navigating the LibreOffice interface.
- Understanding the different tools and components.
- Customizing the LibreOffice interface.
- Restart LibreOffice in Safe mode.
- How to Enable or Disable D ark Mode in LibreOffice.
- Find the Current Version and Build Number.
- Best keyboard shortcuts for using LibreOffice.
Setting up and Customizing LibreOffice
- How to customize the LibreOffice interface.
- How to personalize LibreOffice settings.
- How to Enable or Disable Spell-checking.
- How to Change the Default Font in All Modules.
- How to Change the Default File Format.
- How to Enable Auto-saving Feature in LibreOffice.
- How to Setup Default Email Client in LibreOffice.
- Best extensions for using LibreOffice.
- Best performance and optimization options.
- How to Factory Reset LibreOffice to its default.
Basic LibreOffice Tutorials
- Creating, Opening, Saving a new document.
- How To Open Document In Read Only Mode.
- Formatting text and paragraphs in LibreOffice.
- How to use templates in LibreOffice.
- How to Save and share documents.
- Save or Export Document as PDF.
- Difference Between Export and Export Directly.
- Printing documents in LibreOffice.
- Other resources for learning LibreOffice.
Document File Settings
I hope these tutorials have been helpful to you. If you have any doubts or questions, please feel free to leave a comment. I’d be happy to assist you.